Monday, October 7, 2013

Flexibility training with Stacey Nemour

It was few months ago when I've heard of Stacey Nemour. Flexibility is very important for ballet dancers, and I wanted a decent training. It seemed like she is near LA area, so I didn't think it was an option for me to meet her in person.

My friend was going to visit me from Korea, and she was going to come to SFO. For some reason, she had to change it to LAX, so I had a plan to visit LA in October. Then I remembered Stacey, and emailed her. I scheduled a session with her and she agreed to meet me at my hotel in Santa Monica.

I felt a bit skeptical about it. I mean, how can you get anything from just having one session? Flexibility is something you need to work on daily, and it's not like I don't know what I am doing. But then again, I felt like I could learn how to do so properly, and I felt hopeful.

Stacey is prettier in person. I saw her videos and such, and she's very personable and easy to talk to. I met her at the hotel lobby then went to the fitness center there. It was only an hour, but I've learned so much from her and had no idea my body had that much potential!!

Here are some pictures after one session with her. I could only do splits with my left leg front, and I was able to do both sides. I am always aware of my "bad" side - my right leg/hip - but after about 30 minutes with her, I even forgot which side was "bad."



Also, since I started pointe work, I had this ongoing ankle pain. Stacey told me to do stretch with flexed feet too because ballerinas focus on pointed foot a lot more.

Sure enough, the next morning I woke up, I didn't even feel any pain in my ankles. Proper stretching is beneficial in so many ways. 

If I ever visit the LA area again, I would love to do another session with her. If you are in the area, and serious about dancing (or flexibility in general), you should definitely contact Stacey! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment