Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Summer dance intensive at Sun King Dance 2014!

A friend of mine told me about Sun King Dance camp.
It's made for adults, and it's a week long intensive class. There are few locations in the US, and I am planning to attend Vancouver camp in July.

The target level I want to be in is 3B, but we will see how that goes.

Oh, before I forget, here's the website.
http://www.sunkingdance.com

Here are few things I need to decide.

1. Roommate or no roommate?
- Living with someone is a tough thing. I mean, it's only one week, but not sure what's good for me. But, then again, having a great roommate during the camp is also beneficial.

2. All ballet or full day?
- Full day includes other dances (modern, character, jazz...) and also stretching class. There are some lectures and such too. But, I am not sure if I am capable of dancing 8+ hours a day. Now I do about 6-7 technique classes per week, and some days I do pointe on top of that, but that's only 1-2 class(es) per day. And I am already sore all the time.
Well, I have some time to build up my strength, so we will see. I have 8+ months to get there!

3. Clothing
- How many dance clothes do I need? I am stocking up already, but it seems like I need two new fresh pairs per day.

4. Extra pointe shoes?
- I just started pointe work, so I have two pairs that are relatively brand new. I only go en pointe about 1+ hour per week, but I'm not sure if bringing an extra pair (new) would be overkill. It's not like I go through them quickly.



No comments:

Post a Comment